Friday, January 25, 2008

Boooo McDonalds!

Sorry I got sidetracked by Jack Handey - I'm sure you were just dying to hear all about my experience at McDonald's that inspired me start this at Kendra's suggestion...

Can I just say that if I knew when Chick Fil A was opening I would make a paper chain to count down the days.

I took the girls to McDonald's after school for snack/late lunch/early dinner - whatever you want to call it - and ordered a 10 piece nugget meal they wanted to share. I ordered it with apple juice, sounds like a pretty easy order right? - a #11 with an apple juice. I didn't ask for my chicken to be heated to a certain temperature (although sometime I'll tell you about the raw nuggets we got at a Fort Worth McDonald's) and cut five in half longways and five in half shortways...I just wanted the meal with an apple juice. Apparently, it's not so easy because it was impossible for the person working the drive through to ring up an apple juice with a value meal. She did say I could pay the full price for the value meal and then pay extra for an apple juice - WHAT? No thank you. Even Mackenzie was in disbelief. Maybe I should have ordered it this way...I'd like a #11 with a Sprite, but please substitute the Sprite for an apple juice. Why didn't I think of that?

So I get myself a Diet Dr.Pepper and proceed to pay and pick up my food. I ask for a Honey Mustard and she gives us one - Mackenzie wants two (and we were getting 10 pieces of chicken - she gets 1 for a four piece). Our McDonald's helper goes to get a second Honey Mustard but I see her hesitating inside, when she comes back she tells me that she had to check my order. So apparently, she is a McDonald's Server/Honey Mustard police. Are you kidding me? I didn't ask for an extra order of fries...I just wanted a SECOND Honey Mustard.

I drove away NOT lovin' it and wishing Chick Fil A with their far superior chicken and a million "my pleasure"'s would hurry up and open.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

Chick-Fil-A is the gold standard and McDonald's is ...the bronze???
Glad you started another blog. I'll be reading it everyday! :)
Lindsay

kwa said...

All I have to say is I feel sorry for the local McDonald's franchize owner, and....I CAN'T WAIT FOR CHICK-FIL-A!!!! They've moved more dirt over there than I ever thought possible. Just how much dirt do you have to move for a Chick-Fil-A?? I'm off to bed now...dreaming of that fabulous Chick-Fil-A regular chicken sandwich with those two sad pickles on it. Why are those two little things so puny looking? It does add so much to the sandwich - for me anyway. Aaahhhh....chicken sandwich with two pickles. Good night...zzzzzzzzzzzz

Christy said...

Mackenzie wants to camp out to get the free Chick Fil A for a year...since she can't do it alone, I may be there with her. She does love it and since I'll be taking her there a lot anyway, I guess it would be nice to get some free meals.

The Traxsons said...

Hmm, I posted a comment here yesterday and apparently it didn’t work ‘cause it’s not here ;) Anyway, I think I said something to the effect of being in agreement about crappy McDonald’s, loving the pickles on the chicken sandwiches at Chick Fil A, and loving that you created this blog! I often feel the urge to post such things on my own blog, but I never do so I feel like people will think I’ve lost it if I start now. Good idea to just start a new one!

Oh, and I think I mentioned that I have a crazy friend who actually takes the pickles off of her chicken sandwich from CFA. CRAZY!!!