Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Who Is The Crazy Neighbor? (That's Me With My Hand Up)

What do I love besides my family and friends? Office supplies, television, and the internet (in no particular order). So I think it's understandable if I go a little bit crazy moving into our rental house on a Saturday and not getting cable hooked up until the next FRIDAY. So when nice Omar comes on Friday to install the cable, knocks on the door to let me know he is done and to see if I need anything else I say "no, that should be it" and I take off running (probably before the door shut) to start hooking everything up and to get everything going. First the DVR - hmmm, it's powered up, connected, and the television is on - why a black screen ? On to the computer - wait a minute, this thingy with a wire can't connect to this other thingy with a wire. I think, remain calm, I'm sure there is an easy fix to both of these problems and they can just come back and fix it. Then I remember that it took almost a week for this appointment. Unleash the crazy. I RUN outside and Omar is just rounding the corner (there is one house between us and this corner) and I start yelling (loudly) "HEY, HEY" and waving my arms. But Omar came back (told me I kind of scared him), showed me the cable box did work (I just had to move around a few cords) and gave me a connector for my other problem.

I gave him great scores on the telephone survey I completed a later that day!

So now the neighbors have two reasons to stay away from us: 1. They think I'm crazy and 2. Jason mowed until 10:30 one night...no Welcome Wagon for us.

2 comments:

The Traxsons said...

That one definitely made me laugh out loud! I can so totally see you doing that!

Anonymous said...

You are too funny!