Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl Sunday (pregame – halftime)

Family Day/Night for Superbowl Sunday. Peyton woke up with a stomach bug and we hung around the house all day.

We all played a board game during all the pregame stuff (Settlers, or actually Die Siedler Von Catan) a game my friend Tara brought us from Germany – and our favorite game to play. I'm sure we aren't playing exactly right, the directions and cards you play with are in German. We got the English directions off the website and changed a couple of things.

I actually do enjoy football, I don't watch just for the commercials, but I may not have the best reasons for picking a team . Tonight I'm rooting for the Giants. Reasons – they are the underdogs, I like Eli more than Tom Brady…hmmm if I think of more reasons, I'll post them later.

My random thoughts on the Super Bowl:

  • Lots of good commercials and skits in the couple of hours leading up to the game.
  • I wish Paula Abdul would just re-release Straight Up.
  • Oh – John Krasinski! I may have to change teams, he's going for the Patriots. He is so funny – when Ryan Seacrest asks who he's rooting for he says (something like) "It would be awkward if I was going for NY wearing this hat", Ryan was just too short to see…
  • I'm going to have to look up that guy with the myspace rapping about the Superbowl "Soup or Bowl" commercial.
  • Not even a minute into the game, how are their pants so dirty already?
  • Chris Kattan saved that Pepsi commercial! And was that LL Cool J?
  • Oh look! Jim Carrey & Jenny McCarthy! Just heard an interview with her and Ryan Seacrest on the radio this morning and I teared up when she talked about how good Jim is with her son.
  • That Peyton Manning was so good on SNL. I hope his brother gets a ring too.
  • OH NO! Not an interception! (It probably actually happened 20 minutes ago since we've been pausing it to get dinner, etc. but we can't exactly fast forward the commercials).
  • It IS a shame they can't open the roof.
  • I want to see Leatherheads.
  • Icky commercial with the heart.
  • Come on Giants – you have 10 seconds to score before halftime.
  • Nada.
  • Halftime, Hello Tom Petty.

0 comments: